Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Checking In on the Resolution

Embracing and savoring curious presence amid the flux . . .

Trying to put that into action this final semester of my MFA program. I have built the tendency to dive right into work in the mornings, and when I do that, I don't feel like I am embracing, savoring or present. I also tend to push myself toward lightening speed, and in that, I don't feel like I am embracing, savoring or present. I too often push myself past free, open and kind-wandering time to end my day to myself, and in that, I don't feel like I am embracing, savoring or present.

To move toward my resolution, I have been trying my best to institute some regime changes. I book-end my day with time to allow my brain to wander, check in with the world, feel creative inspiration that is not attached to a 'specific purpose.' During the day, I check in on my pace; am I allowing myself the time each task needs to be completed fully, with learning and enjoyment along the way? If not, I slow down. Will I really get that 'much more done' if I do not stop to have this in-passing conversation? Unlikely. Have it.

Everything is still getting done, and I feel like I am embracing, savoring and more present. Gotta keep working toward this.

No comments: