Thursday, January 21, 2021

I Saw Mars Last Night

At the time, I didn't know it was Mars, it was just something near the Moon, shining brighter than everything else. It caught my eye and I couldn't look away. 



I wondered if it was a star, a satellite. Kris suggested it might be a planet, a theory I didn't prescribe to until he sent me an article about it late last night that I woke up to see in my texts.

What a magical thing! Had we not been sitting outside in our chairs in the yard after our walk, waiting for Heather and Palmer to drive by after she picked him up from daycare, I doubt I would have noticed it. There we were, sitting around and agreeing how good it felt to sit around in our yard, staring up at the sky with little else to do for a couple minutes. We agreed that we should really do more of that. Easy to think, harder to do.

I'm taken by how magical it was to really not have known until this morning what it was that drew my attention last night. I just did. It was just WORTH it to sit there and stare up at it and WONDER.

No comments: