Tuesday, May 5, 2020

C19: It Is What It Is, So How Can You Turn It Into What You Can Use?

Sounds like a faux-positive, personal-development-blogger title.

But it's what went through my head this morning.

I'd gotten thinking on my walk about what my day should include/ look like, including creating a video to send to Brian for his MFA final project. That got me thinking about how I cannot imagine this is what he would have planned for his project to be, i.e. a collage of people dancing on video versus a collage of people dancing in person. That said, I also got thinking about how he, of all people, feels to me like a model example of someone who can see a situation for what it is, even if it is different from what he'd want, and then embrace it to come out on the other side with something beautiful.

Not accept. Embrace.



I think 'Accept' has to come first. I feel like I'm discussing stages of grief here. I honestly couldn't say right now what they are, as looking them up and considering them hasn't felt helpful to me right now (and apparently not really before this, either). That said, the concept feels pertinent.

Perhaps there are people who can go right to 'Embrace.' I imagine Brian as one of those people. That said, he, just like anyone and everyone else, has lots of energy running through those brain circuits that does not get displayed publicly. There's 'always more than meets the eye,' with most things. Make lemonade out of lemons. That's basically what I'm trying to say here. Truisms.

I suppose they are 'true' because so many people experience them as truth, That said, there is something to be appreciated about arriving to such concepts on your own terms. Labelling them as they are, for YOU. How they are, in the moment they arrive, for YOU.

It is what it is. How can I turn it into what I can use? For starters, I'm really starting to crave routine again. I think I'll start by using my to-do app again.

No comments: