Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Meditation Two

It appears that I have had a recent post about meditation. So it goes again, this time just with some observations;

The most keen thing I noticed today was how a sound within the scope of my attention could drive away a rouge thought. Most frequently, the sound was a truck. The meditation center where I practice is located on a relatively busy street in South Minneapolis, so there is quite a bit of auto traffic, even at 7:15 in the morning. I noticed several times my feeling that the truck sound that caught my attention took away with it a thought it did not want to have. I have been trying to focus in on listening to the sounds around me and feeling and listening to my breath in accordance with those sounds. That is precisely why it seemed so magical today when, three distinct times, I felt those trucks drive off with my extraneous thoughts.

It just feels really powerful to be in that much control of my mind, in such a calm way. 

No comments: