Thursday, December 30, 2021

New Year Intentions 2021 Into 2022

Like usual, the full extent (however abridged it ended up!) of this process is kept to the confines of my journal. With Niko having entered our lives a month ago tomorrow, I am just glad I was able to get any sort of 'process' for this together! It is in the spirit of this that I actually landed on my centering idea for 2022 . . .

REIMAGINING

Reconfiguring (was a little too mechanical)

Reinventing (sounded like more 'trouble' than I think this will be)

Rediscovering (felt closer)

But 'reimagining' . . . this guiding concept has just the right tonality and timbre. 'Re' suggests a having done already of sorts, an amount of experience, a knowing. 'Imagine'/ 'Imagining' implies the WONDER of last year's centering concept, with my values of curiosity and creativity, as well as an intentionality/ sense of consciousness (a centering belief of mine) - when you 'imagine,' you are choosing, you are going out of your way to consider something, to bring it to life in your mind.


(imagine . . . )


(reimagine . . . )

In 2022, I will continue to do what I've been doing here at the end of 2021 with the arrival of Niko: I will continue to reimagine how my life works, what wonder can be squeezed from the everyday, what I will discover, how I will feel, what I will notice . . . having Niko in our lives is allowing me to reimagine what I've already experienced and what I know. I'm so excited to keep reimagining my everyday with him, and to see how this shift will create shifts in how I see other parts of my life - my work, my family and friends, my interests . . . REIMAGINING. 


Along with this guiding idea, I've revisited last year's New Years Intentions alongside the way I think of my values and such, and offer the following to myself as continued riffing:


BELIEFS: Consciousness + Love + Wonder + Vitality + Purpose =

VALUES: Simplicity | Kindness | Curiosity | Creativity | Growth


And that's where this abridged version of new year reflection ends . . . off to reimagine :)

No comments: